Lil Wayne performs onstage during the BET AWARDS ’14 at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on June 29, 2014 in Los Angeles, California.
Kevin Winter/Getty Images for BET
Lil Wayne’s daughter, Reginae Carter, was the star of MTV’s My Super Sweet 16 Monday night, racking up a massive tab for her star-studded party in the process.
Lil Wayne Announces ‘The Free Weezy Album’
It pays to be hip-hop royalty, obviously. Aside from hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of gifts and a party for the ages that included performances by Nicki Minaj and Rae Sremmurd, she got video shout outs from the Game and Ludacris.
Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money: Read the Leaked 21-Page Lawsuit
Needless to say, there was plenty to take away from the inside look at Lil Wayne’s family life. Here are the top five things we learned:
1. Even when you’re one of the most popular rappers in the world, you’re still a dork to your own kid. Talking on FaceTime, Reginae tells Lil Wayne, “Daddy, you FaceTime like an old man. Why are you so close to the camera?” He responds, in typical dad form, “I don’t know. I’m not trying to be.”
2. Reginae used to date Young Jeezy’s son, Jadarius Jenkins. She said, “We were about to start really being on our Jay Z and Beyonce stuff, but it just didn’t work out like that.”
3. Birdman is Reginae’s godfather and she calls him “Parrain” — that’s godfather in French. “He gives me whatever I want,” she said in the episode before he bought her a rolex and diamond earrings worth $16,000.
4. Nicki Minaj can’t be counted on to make a flight to her boss’ daughter’s 16th birthday party on time. Tsk tsk Nicki. (But she did eventually arrive and perform.)
5. When you’re Lil Wayne’s daughter, your parents fake you out with a BMW as a gift before giving you what you actually wanted — as well — a Ferrari.