Chris Brown and Tyga attend the 1st Annual Xmas Toy Drive hosted by Chris Brown and Brooklyn Projects on Dec. 22, 2013 in Los Angeles, California.
Imeh Akpanudosen/Getty Images
Chris Brown and Tyga released their collaborative album Fan of a Fan on Tuesday (Feb. 24). Fan of a Fan is the two artists’ attempt to prove they’re racking up more studio time than controversial headlines (hi, Drake), except they miss the mark.
Their 2010 Fan of a Fan mixtape — their first installment in the mixtape-to-LP series — showcases a marriage between Brown’s rap-singing braggadocio and Tyga’s West Coast party bars — a promising backdrop for any debaucherous hangout. The mixtape spawned hits like “No Bullshit” and “Deuces.”
Chris Brown & Tyga Talk Kylie Jenner, Drake & ‘Bullsh–‘ Grammys on Hot 97
Yet the main event is no true reflection of either one of the duo’s chart success. Production (David “D.A.” Dorman, DJ Mustard, Jess Jackson and Drumma Boy) and guest appearances (50 Cent, Wale, Ty Dolla $ign, Boosie and ScHoolboy Q) are what keeps the candle burning.
Hidden through out the Rap&B union that is Fan of a Fan, though, are tweetable lines to start drafting. Below are the top seven lyrics from Chris Brown and Tyga’s Fan of a Fan:
1. “Who you think taught you to throw P’s?/ Who you think taught you to rep keys?” – Pusha T (“DGIFU”)
Coke rap’s back! On the LP’s highest note, Breezy and T-Raww tag-team with Pusha to check the haters.
2. “Racks on her ass, think it ain’t gon’ drop/ Even if not, bet the brain on fire” – T.I. (“Bunkin’”)
The King gets straight to the point.
3. “100 thou, 3 kilos/ My chain is illegal, my life a Tarantino/ Tomorrow you in the sequel” – Tyga (“Westside”)
Tyga kicks off the album by setting the tone of a wild, debaucherous Left Coast night.
4. “Ten million in two months, God bless me girl/ You over there starin’, next me girl” – Boosie Badazz (“Real One”)
Baton Rouge’s own Badazz rattles off his respect for a girl with low loyalty levels and certain financial priorities.
5. “Grimy n—a way too groovy for the Grammys/ Overseas collectin’ panties, poppin Xanies” – ScHoolboy Q (B—-es N’ Marijuana)
TDE’s own eases into the flow with his chill, gangsta-style flows about women and drugs.
6. “You shoulda left her in the kitchen/ Now she cookin’ up my mama’s favorite dishes” – Chris Brown (“She Goin Up”)
Taking a note from Trey Songz‘s book, Brown and Tyga detail how they not only stole someone’s girl but upgraded her.
7. “Your n—a ain’t about his money/ He got zeros, I got commas” – Ty Dolla $ign (“Nothin’ Like Me”)
One of the few features on the LP, Ty Dolla $ign’s raspy vocals take lead on this boastful record.